Monday, June 15, 2009

A Visit to the Van Ordens

Come to visit us and look what you can do...



If you're up for some real excitement, there is also...

Of course, there were also a few games played during the visit, but we've found it's bad form to take pictures of our guests right after they've lost. ;)




Thanks for coming to visit, Glenn!

4 comments:

Birding is Fun! said...

Awesome! My in-laws are in D.C. now visiting my wife's sister and family. I wish were there too and could stop in for some handyman work. I'm really good at hiring people to do the work, but just mediocre at doing it myself.

karlrees said...

Oh, man. Glenn, when are you coming out to San Jose? We could take even crazier remodel pictures. Assuming I I still have tools left. Which is actually a big concern because all of my tools and brand new appliances were stolen over the weekend. :(

Tammy and Alvin said...

I am sooo sorry Karl. Please tell me your insurance is covering your appliances and tools. If not, I'll contribute to the Karl fund.

Of course, even if they are paying for your stuff, it's a major pain to have to replace all of your things. Especially with all the other work to do and a new baby.

Robert, we'll start planning on your visit sometime next year. If you have any handyman skills, you have more than I do.

Glennjamen said...

Karl, my oldest is flying out to visit relatives in Hollister in August. Unfortunately I won't be able to tag along. I would have loved to practice my remodeling skills on your home too. I'm not quite brave enough to try them out on my own home yet.

Alvin, you left out the pictures of me installing the carpet, wiring, and plumbing in the cabana that I built in your backyard next to the swimming pool that I dug. :)

Everyone else, the Van Ordens were wonderful hosts, as you might expect, and I propose their home as the meeting place for the next Merrill Hall 1100 floor reunion.