Saturday, August 8, 2009

September book of the Month?

Hopefully there are still a few people thinking about commenting on The Road, but I'm ready to turn my attention to the September book.

Bob, I think it's your turn to choose; do you have anything in mind?

5 comments:

Birding is Fun! said...

How about "Getting at the Truth: Responding to Difficult Questions about LDS Beliefs" by Robert Millet? I think there is some good fodder for discussion from some of the topics.

It looks like Amazon is currently out of stock. Barnes & Noble looks like they have it. Deseret Book or Seagull Book would also be a place to buy it.

Maybe another topic of discussion...is Deseret Book a form of Priestcraft?

Tammy and Alvin said...

The book choice seems great, but as always, I have a hard time getting through books that I can't get on CD from my local library. So no promises. For the record, I not only listened to 'The Road' this month, but I also listened to Peter's runner up suggestion, 'Nudge'. I found it very interesting. The thoughts on Libertarian Paternalism bring together ideas from both the left and right.

Birding is Fun! said...

I'll mail my copy to any one that needs it.

Peter said...

Just realized I never got this book. I had sent out an email to the ward to see if anyone had it to borrow and never got a response, and then neglected to actually order the book.

I'm going to order it now (seems like the sort of book I wouldn't mind owning, anyway), but I doubt I'll be able to read much before discussion starts. I'll do my best, though.

Peter said...

I'm done with my copy now, too, if anyone would like me to send it to them. It's a pretty quick read, only took me three or four days to finish.