My list of books, vote now or forever (or at least for a month) hold your peace:
Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency (Douglas Adams is GREAT, and though this story is a little odd, it is fun and it comes together surprisingly well at the end)
A Study in Scarlet (the first Sherlock Holmes story, and though not my favorite, it features Brigham Young)
The Walking Drum (my wife read this and can not stop raving about it)
Friday, January 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My first vote was going to be for Louis L'amour (and it still may be), but surprisingly, my library has 20 Louis L'amour books on audio yet 'The Walking Drum' is not one of them. He's a popular and prolific author, which is often better than being a Pulitzer author. I have reserved the paper copy and the audio of Dirk Gently. I read and enjoyed the Hitchhiker's series in high school. Having already read A Study in Scarlet, it's my last choice. I remember parts, but not the ending so I could read it again. Should be a fun month either way.
They all sound great. Let us know which one...
I'm going with Dirk Gently.
Enjoy.
Post a Comment