Monday, February 1, 2010

February's Book of the Month

I wish I had a creative response to Alvin's imaginative parody. Unfortunately, all my creativity has been sucked into a thesis vortex where it will remain for the next 12-18 months. The parody was evidently very amusing, as evidenced by the fact that Misty commented on my family blog that she laughed several times while reading it (hmm...maybe her comment was an oblique suggestion that she'd like to become a PVS contributor).

Anyway, as for February's book, I just decided on it last night:
Red State, Blue State, Rich State, Poor State: Why Americans Vote the Way They Do

Hopefully it's fairly available, although it's got enough graphs that I doubt an audio version is particularly coherent. I was trying to decide between this and Amartya Sen's The Idea of Justice, but I decided that Sen's book was too heavy for PVS. But if anyone would rather the Sen tome, just let me know in the comments.

No comments: