I just got back from Utah where I saw Rob Christiansen. He told me he was aware of the Perpetual Virtual Symposium because of Scott and was interested in joining.
I just sent him an invitation and hopefully he'll be able to join soon and give you more of a background post. He claims to be the precinct chair for the local Democrats in Bountiful, Utah (all 10 of them?), but he thought reading some Ayn Rand together would generate some interesting discussion.
Here's hoping that some new blood and a controversial book will rejuvenate the PVS this next year.
6 comments:
I wish I were mythical.
Would you settle for mercurial? I definitely would. Wait, maybe I wouldn't.
I wish I weren't so mercurial. Particularly the part about being so fast. And wearing a wing-tipped helmet. And containing or being caused by the metal mercury.
Thanks for the welcome everyone. It's great to be in touch with you all and hear about all your successes.
To be fair to Rob, Ayn Rand would be a democrat if she lived in Bountiful. Welcome Rob!
By the way I just finished Born to Run and loved it, even if it is 3 months after our discussion...
Robert Mortensen here...I am moving to Bountiful this week with my family. Can Bountiful handle having these two Robs in such close proximity?! I might have to start up my own "Constitutional Restoration Party" to keep things "fair and balanced".
Post a Comment