Friday, March 28, 2008

Opening salvo

Welcome to the Perpetual Virtual Symposium.

The intent of this blog is to provide all Merrill 1100 floor alumni a place to get together (virtually) and share thoughts, ideas, interests, etc. The thought grew out of a suggested virtual book club into an attempt to reanimate the tradition of the symposia we used to engage in. I'm also hoping it'll facilitate keeping in better contact with each other, helping us to better serve and support one another.

So this is it; hopefully more to come. My best hope is that this will turn into a vibrant place where we can all come to reconnect and enjoy the friendship we've formed.

I'll encourage everyone to make their first post a review of who they are and where they've been, but after that initial post, feel free to post whatever you want. If you do want to start a discussion with some thought provoking question, I'd encourage the use of post labels, just to make reading easier.