Sunday, April 6, 2008

Jackson 5


Family: Sara (Zeller) and I met briefly in upstate NY while I was on my mission (no, I was not one of those missionaries). I was serving in her home ward and became good friends with her brother. Sara and I met again in UT after my mission. We have 3 girls: Eden (7), Emmy 5), and Elise (2). Another child will join the ranks in mid October.

Calling: I feel right at home in my calling as Ward Mission Leader.

Job: Not exactly sure what I'm being paid to do. I am in the beginning stages of a residency program in laboratory animal medicine.

Geolocation: Columbia, MO. My wife talked me into buying our first home. I'm afraid to check and see if it's lost any value.

Last 12 years in 100 words or less: Has it really been 12 years? '96-'98 was spent in the New York Utica Mission; '98-'02 was spent in Provo finishing up a degree in Animal Science; '02-'06 was in Davis/Sacramento, CA were I learned how to properly palpate cows and stuff; '06-'07 was happily spent in beautiful Grants Pass, OR where I worked in a mixed animal practice. I enjoyed practicing medicin on dogs, cats, llamas, horses, bearded dragons, etc., but I really missed being involved in research, so now I am in the "Comparative Medicine Program" at the University of Missouri to specialize in laboratory animal medicine, and perhaps stick around for a PhD in pathology or immunology.

More about me: I still play soccer when I can, though I spend more time baking, working in the garden, or taking the dog for a walk while I listen to audiobooks (librivox.org).

No comments: