Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving to my fellow omnivores

Ironically, I finished The Omnivore's Dilemma today, the day of American gluttony. I will save most of my thoughts and discussion for another time. For now, I wish to thank Alvin for suggesting this book for the month of November, very appropriate. No doubt, my thoughts during this afternoon's meal will occasionally turn to pondering how industrial the food on the table is. Though it will not be an Omnivore's Thanksgiving as the author seemed to define such in the last part of the book, I do have much to be thankful for, including wonderfully amazing friends as all y'all.

May you have a memorable but safe holiday.

1 comment:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Glenn, I am glad you found the book to be interestesting. I will officially start the discussion after I return home from Thanksgiving at my in-laws, either Monday night or Tuesday morning, so if you haven't finished (or even started) there's still a little time. And whoever's next can start picking the next book.

Mostly I wanted to echo Glenn's thought and say that I too am grateful for good friends.