Here are some of my thoughts on the recent Jesse/Karl government/taxes topic. First off, I think its pretty much impossible to be objective; 'help the poor' I think is accurate but carries an emotional load–it inclines us to empathize with towards those that are being helped. I would say the same thing about a description 'subset of people forcing another subset of people. . .'—sounds like dispassionate language but its still using terms that incline us empathize with one side, the people people being forced.
So here's my own subjective spin. The government isn't (and i'm speaking in ideal terms here), a subset of people, it is the people; we as a collective reached a decision—because as citizens we have implicitly agreed to abide by the decisions of the whole—when I am 'forced' to pay a parking ticket, I'm really just abiding by a decision that I had a say in—a decision that 'we' made—because I had a say in it, maybe 'force' is the wrong word—its different than 'force' for a surf in the feudal system.
On an unrelated note, where is Chris Garcia? he's the one the named it the symposium if memory serves. I think its someone's job to find him.
No comments:
Post a Comment