Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Waiting...

Dave, welcome to the discussion. Good to hear from you and have your thoughts. If there is anyone else "lurking" out there, follow Dave's example and join the conversation.

Karl (or Scott, Elliott, and Ryan), I am still waiting to hear the defense of the Cap and Trade System. I assume there is are good reasons for smart people to think a Cap and Trade is a good idea, even if I don't personally agree with them. I've enjoyed the balanced discussion on judicial activism and taxes, but lately, I think the environmental discussion has been a bit one-sided. We need some voices from farther down on Peter's belief scale.

Peter, I recommend you go ahead and choose the next book. I feel like I waste half of each month trying to get the book from my library. I'm still on hold for the one copy of Karl's book in my local library system.

I don't know if it's just me, but this blog emails me most, but not all comments. For example, I got emails for both of Karl's comments on my last post but not the comment Paul made in between. So I apologize in advance if someone's comment. Also, I apologize for posting some things to everyone when an email to a certain individual would have been more appropriate, but I don't have email addresses for most of you.

1 comment:

karlrees said...

I get comments sporadically as well. If we weren't already so set in here, I might suggest using different blogging software.

I've enjoyed The Third Policeman so far. It's over-the-top absurd, like a serious Douglas Adams. So if you like that kind of stuff, I think you'll find it well worth the wait.

As for cap-and-trade, I believe it's a good idea in theory, I just haven't decided how it should be implemented. There are a lot of really bad implementation ideas out there. And that is why I haven't responded on the matter yet. My current thought is to implement it on national levels according to a treaty (i.e. no trading between nations), and lay tariffs against countries not in the treaty. But I haven't taken the time to think too hard on the matter.