Monday, August 4, 2008

Nuttallicious on the scene

Hey guys,


I've been feeling guilty for a while just being a fly on the wall in here- I've been wanting to get involved, but I think mostly I'm afraid that once I post something I'll have set expectations that I'll continue, and that's just too much pressure for me...


I'll do some intro and later on I'll throw out a question I'm curious to hear input on.


After freshman year I served a mission in Bahia Blanca, Argentina, during which time my parents had moved from Warsaw to Shanghai. I have nothing to substantiate it, but I claim that I'm in the first 5 missionaries to "come home" to PRC. Soon after returning to BYU I met this fantastic girl and asked her to marry me. This month is our 9th anniversary- we have 2 boys (Isaac 4 yrs, Levi 1.5 yrs) and we're expecting in January.


I graduated in Chemical Engineering in 2002, but knew that I didn't want to size distillation columns the rest of my life, so I went into a sales role at Dow Chemical.


Dow took us to Michigan, San Diego, and Houston over a great 6 year period, during which I held several commercial roles. Along the way I decided that, since I enjoyed business so much, it might be a decent idea to get some training instead of continuing seat-of-pants style. I got into Wharton and had to take the opportunity- so I've spent the last couple of months extricating us from a spacious Houston home, shoe-horning us into an apartment in down-town Philly, and getting ready to rock the MBA program (being busy is one of my aforementioned excuses). Those of you in the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic, please consider coming to Philly to visit- you'll be pleasantly surprised... I know I am.
Take care,
James

1 comment:

karlrees said...

Nuttall!

Good to hear from you.
So sad to hear you had to move from Texas. My brother got his mission call to Warsaw last week, and I was just thinking "where's Nuttall? and does he stall have any Warsaw ties?" I guess you answered that question.