Here is that little bio I should have posted ages ago --Family: Married to Mary in 1999; Max (7), Elisabeth (5), and Nathan (1)
Calling: Bishop (now you know why I've taken so long to post something)
Job: Deputy Attorney General (since 2005)
Location: San Diego, CA (since 2002)
Last 12 years: Mission to Canada, school, family, more school, and now, after studying piano and biochemistry at BYU, with more piano studies at Boston U., I find myself working as an attorney -- go figure. I'm a criminal prosecutor for the State of California and work at the appellate level. I argued a case last year in the California Supreme Court, and have two more cases pending in that court; eventually, I'll do battle in the Ninth Circuit. My wife, Mary, served a mission in Hong Kong, is an absolute jewel, and provides an incredible example to me and our children. The kids certainly keep me busy. Max and Elisabeth are wrapping up 1st grade and Kindergarten in a few weeks at a German language immersion charter school. I volunteer at the school every two weeks to help with music and German (you may recall that my mom is German). My youngest, Nathan Robert Beesley, is named after Rob Christiansen (whose middle name is Nathan), and he is a joy most of the time and a little rascal the rest of the time -- I think he takes after his namesake. Overall, the last 12 years have been wonderful; we've been richly blessed and I am truly thankful to our Father for his bounteous and tender mercies to me and my family.
Book group: I'm afraid I don't do nearly as much leisure reading as I would like. My profession demands a tremendous amount of critical and analytical reading; by the end of the day I'm pretty much spent when it come to reading. However, I was pleased to finally get around to reading Wuthering Heights three months ago. I have a list of great books I want to read before I die; unfortunately, my list is so long that at my rate of reading a book once every few years, I'll have to live to be at least 150 years old!
1 comment:
Beesly, you're a genius.
Post a Comment